If you are looking for the recap to Dancing With the Stars, I am sorry to say you are in the wrong place. This Wednesday TangoTab is showing off a smooth 1-2 step. Step 1: Around lunch time today the TangoTab team will be feeding the hungry with The SoupMan and his SoupMobile team.
Step 2: Tonight is the monthly TangoTab Happy Hour. We will be having our second monthly Happy Hour at Isabella’s Italia in Frisco, TX.
It will be a a very fun day, but most of all it is all to make another step in the Fight Against Hunger.
For our second in the series, we headed north to Frisco to meet Kenyon Price, but we might as well have headed to Italy. Kenyon has a spectacular, authentic Italian restaurant in the southern part of Frisco, where he is committed to bringing the true flavors of Italy to North Texas.
So, Let’s Tango with Kenyon Price:
You’re stranded on a desert island, and only have one food to live on. What would it be?
- [laughter] It has to evolve around pasta. Whether it’s a Bolognese, pasta in meat sauce, that’s just incredible, or lobster ravioli, but it’s got to revolve around pasta. That’s what drives the world, in many cases.
Scotty is ready to beam you to the best restaurant city on Earth. Where are you going?
- That’s a hard one because, having lived all over the world, you have a lot of favorite places. It would either be Rome or New York City. Rome you are going to always find an incredible meal, wherever you go. [Rome] is what’s happening in Italy with food, both the traditional side and the modern side, and how it comes together as a force. The food is just the best in the world. Then you look at New York City, [which] has the diversity of all the different types of food, whether you are looking for an Italian restaurant, or a great French restaurant, like Adour Alain Ducasse at the St. Regis. If you’re looking for great Italian, you have Il Mulino downtown in The Village. You have all these incredible restaurants.
You suddenly have an unexpected break in your day. What are you doing?
- That’s an easy answer. I would go get my kids out of school and hang out with them. They are the best things that have happened to my life, along with my wife.
You’re in the hotel bar, you turn and the most amazing person is next to you and wants to chat. Who is it?
- [Editor’s Note: Kenyon spent years running the world’s finest hotels for Rosewood] I’ve had a few of those chats: Bill Clinton, Billy Joel, Liam Neeson. I’ve had a few of those chats in my life. If I was looking at a political figure that I thought was pretty good, it would be Tony Blair, out of the UK, who I thought did what he had to do and the way that he has done it. Having spent a lot of time in England during the time he was in power, I think someone like that would be quite unique.
People don’t know good until they have tried this at your restaurant? What is it?
- Without question, being an Italian restaurant, seafood is the wonderful surprise here. Whether it be the modern dish of a Branzino con Paté Olive which is a very unique style dish with Sea Bass grilled, olive paté on top, kind of sweet and sour underneath, to the best piece of fresh Tuna you’ll find, to the best Atlantic Salmon. What’s interesting is this is Italian. Every body thinks that Italy is bread and pizza and pasta, and when really seafood is the secret to the Italian diet because of its geography: the lakes and the streams and the Adriatic Sea and the Mediterranean, it is all about seafood. Without that, you miss what’s very special about Italy, and certainly here, we have the freshest seafood you can find in North Texas.
In the immortal words of Wayne’s World: excellent! Look for us to host an upcoming TangoTab Happy Hour at Isabella’s on April 18 from 4:30p-7p and you can get an authentic taste of Italy youself while lounging on one of the 3 beautiful patios at Isabella’s. While waiting for festivities, claim one of these this great offers from TangoTab for Isabella’s and you’ll not just be feeding yourself, but someone in need:
Mike Yonker, Vice President of Corporate Development, TangoTab
Get out your beads and your Cajun spices! It’s that time of year again that we celebrate Mardi Gras. Crank up the Jazz music, stuff your face with crawdad’s and King Cakes, and let the beads fly… because it is time to P.A.R.T.Y. Now the question remains, where are you celebrating this Fat Tuesday? If you aren’t going to New Orleans for the big celebration you can still get a taste of the NOLA action right here in Dallas.
Here are some great restaurants in the Dallas area that has that New Orleans flavor that you are looking for…
If you are looking for a a place that “Ya don’t hafta go to New Orleans” to get great Cajun food, then Dodie’s is your place. The original Dodie’s opened in 1989 on Greenville Avenue in Dallas. Twenty-three years later there are now 7 locations throughout the metroplex and you are sure to find a Dodie’s in your neck of the woods. Dodie’s brings authentic New Orleans flavor to DFW.
Fish City is another restaurant that takes seafood seriously. They live up to their motto “Friendly folks. Serious seafood.” Fish City has been recognized numerous times for their great dishes including their Oyster Nachos. Fish City has a 18 year history that has a pretty in depth timeline on to where they are today. As you can see from the picture on the right Fish City is ready to go with their crawfish for this Fat Tuesday. If there isn’t a Fish City near you check out their sister restaurant Half Shell’s.
Fish City Locations
In the mood for some of the best oysters in town? Aw Shucks is the place to be, especially this time of year. Right now they are serving their best Gulf Oysters and let me tell you, those things are tasty! If you want a deal roll on by for happy hour, because they are half price. Aw Shucks definitely has some Cajun flavor all throughout their menu. You can never go wrong if you show up at Aw Shucks.
Aw Shucks Locations
Shuck N Jive
Are you ready for a GREAT time? This Fat Tuesday Shuck and Jive is going to have live music, drink specials, some of the best Cajun food in town (including crawfish) and of course tons of Mardi Gras beads! If you head over to Shuck and Jive don’t forget to to “Laissez les bons temps rouler!” (Let the good times roll!).
Shuck N Jive Locations
Other good restaurants to celebrate this Fat Tuesday in the Dallas area consist of: The Alligator Cafe, Half Shell’s, Razzoo’s and Hook Line & Sinker.
It may not be the authentic New Orleans Mardi Gras celebration, but you definitely have options in Dallas for places to Geaux get your Mardi Gras on at!